Information on the processing of personal data pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) No 2016/679
Pursuant to and having the effects arising from Article 13 of Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 regarding the processing of personal data of natural persons and the free circulations of such data, which repeals Directive 95/46/EC, and is also called the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “GDPR“), we hereby inform you that the personal data voluntarily submitted by you to Fiere Internazionali di Bologna – BolognaFiere S.p.A. (hereinafter also called the “Company” or “BolognaFiere“) will be processed in compliance with current legal provisions governing the protection of personal data.
1) Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Personal Data Controller is Fiere Internazionali di Bologna – BolognaFiere S.p.A., in the person of its pro tempore President, with headquarters in Bologna, Italy, Viale della Fiera No. 20.
The Data Protection Officer may be contacted at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org for any need related to the processing of personal data.
2) Purpose of the processing and legal basis of the processing of personal data
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- the establishment and performance of the contractual relationship between you and BolognaFiere (e.g. ticket sales, exhibition area rental, organization of events in which you are interested in participating, provision of services ancillary to your participation, planning of services requested by you, publication of exhibitors’ data in the event catalogue etc.). With reference to this purpose, the legal basis for the processing is the performance of contractual or pre-contractual obligations in relation to a contract to which you are a party. Any refusal on your part to provide the data would make it impossible for BolognaFiere to provide the requested service. Please note that any processing of particular categories of personal data will only be carried out if such data is communicated or made public directly by you. Such processing will be legitimate on the basis of art. 9, par. 2, letter e) of the GDPR. The provision of such data is never mandatory;
- compliance with all regulatory, fiscal and administrative requirements imposed on BolognaFiere. With reference to this purpose, the legal basis of the processing is the fulfilment of legal obligations imposed on BolognaFiere. Any refusal on its part to provide the data would make it impossible for BolognaFiere to provide the requested service;
- in order to conduct statistical surveys and market research. With reference to this purpose, the legal basis of the processing is its specific consent, without which BolognaFiere will not be able to carry out market research on its data. In any case, you will be able to use the services offered by BolognaFiere;
- the performance of profiling activities aimed at understanding its possible needs in relation to the provision of new services according to the preferences expressed. With reference to this purpose, the legal basis of the processing is its specific consent, without which BolognaFiere will not be able to carry out profiling activities on its data. In any case, you may use the services offered by BolognaFiere;
- the performance of commercial and marketing activities related to BolognaFiere’s activities by post, internet, telephone, e-mail, MMS, SMS, from Italy or abroad. With reference to this purpose, the legal basis for the processing is its specific consent, without which BolognaFiere will not be able to carry out the aforesaid commercial activities. In any case, you may use the services offered by BolognaFiere;
- sending your data to companies of BolognaFiere Group, to third parties such as exhibition organisers or partners involved in the organisation of individual fairs/events, including those based outside Europe, in order to allow the latter to launch independent marketing initiatives relating to their products and services. With reference to this purpose, the legal basis for the processing is your specific consent, without which BolognaFiere will not be able to send your data to third parties. In any case, you may use the services offered by BolognaFiere;
- to allow BolognaFiere to shoot videos and/or photos during fairs and events for publication on our websites/landing pages and social profiles (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc.) and on brochures, catalogues, flyers and other printed material promoting the events. The legal basis for the processing is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller, since the filming carried out by BolognaFiere for this purpose is exclusively generic. Any refusal on his part would make it impossible for BolognaFiere to provide the requested service. Any photographs or specific filming will be taken by BolognaFiere only with your consent, which you may be asked to do, accompanied by appropriate information and a dedicated disclaimer.
3) Methods of data processing
The processing of personal data will be carried out using suitable paper, electronic and/or telematics tools, with logic strictly related to the purposes mentioned above and, in any case, in such a way as to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data.
It should be noted that BolognaFiere does not process your data for the purpose of making decisions based on automated processing which produce legal effects or significantly affect you pursuant to art. 22 of the GDPR.
4) Recipients, categories of recipients of personal data and data transfer in third countries
Your personal data may come to the knowledge of shareholders, members of the board of directors or other administrative body and, in any case, of the Data Protection Officer, external Data Processors, Persons in charge of processing and/or Data Processing Authors appointed by BolognaFiere in the performance of their duties. Your personal data may be communicated to subjects who provide BolognaFiere with services or services instrumental to the purposes indicated above, such as, by way of example, parent companies, subsidiaries, investee companies and/or associates, partners/joint venture partners; subjects, entities and/or companies that manage and/or participate in the management and/or maintenance of the Internet sites and the electronic and/or telematic tools used by us, photographers and/or videomakers who produce video-audio material or the related post-production, journalists and newspapers, companies providing services necessary for the organisation and management of events (e.g. installation of fittings and equipment, publishers of printed and on-line catalogues, logistics, safety and security, first aid, hostesses, etc.), diplomatic representatives, consultants, law firms, banks, marketing and communication service providers; other subjects in charge of the selection process and management of the related benefits for buyers (such as insurance companies, travel agencies, hotels), etc.
The updated list of Data processors is available at the Data Controller’s headquarters, or may be requested by email at: email@example.com.
Your personal data may be communicated and/or transferred abroad, in accordance with the provisions of current legislation (Articles 45 et seq. of the GDPR), even in countries outside the European Union, or if necessary, in the countries where the recipients referred to in the previous paragraph are located. In all the above cases, the transfer is necessary for the execution of the contract with the Data Subject or for the execution of contractual measures adopted upon your request, or to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in the Court; in general, it is carried out on the basis of an adequacy decision adopted by the Commission (Art. 45 of the GDPR) or in accordance with the standard data protection clauses or other appropriate guarantees pursuant to Articles 46 or 49 of the GDPR. In the event that no Commission adequacy decision has been taken and the other guarantees established by GDPR are not applicable, the communication and/or transfer of data outside the European Union will be subject to your consent, after having been informed that the country in question does not provide an adequate level of protection.
5) Data retention
The personal data provided by you will be processed only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes described above, without prejudice to further terms related to the specific conditions of legitimacy of the processing (e.g. 10 years for the exercise of defence actions in court).
6) Rights of the data subject
We inform you that at any time in relation to your data, you may exercise your rights under the limits and conditions provided for in Articles 7 and 15-22 of the GDPR.
To exercise these rights, described below, please contact the Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org; this request will be answered in a timely and appropriate manner.
In detail, you have the right to:
- to obtain confirmation of whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed;
- where processing is in progress, obtain access to personal data and information relating to the processing and request a copy of the personal data;
- to obtain the adjustment of inaccurate personal data and the integration of incomplete personal data;
- to obtain, if one of the conditions laid down in Article 17 of the GDPR is met, the deletion of personal data concerning you;
- to obtain, in the cases provided for in Article 18 of the GDPR, the limitation of treatment;
- to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and readable format by an automatic device and request their transmission to another holder, if technically feasible.
Furthermore, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your data carried out for the pursuit of a legitimate interest of the Data Controller. In case of opposition, your data will no longer be processed, unless there are legitimate reasons for the processing prevailing over the interests, rights and freedom of the Data Subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of a right in the Court.
With reference to the processing of data for marketing and profiling purposes, you may revoke your consent at any time or oppose its processing by writing an e-mail to email@example.com. The revocation of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the revocation.
Finally, pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR, we remind you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Guarantor, in the event that you believe that your rights have been violated under the terms of the GDPR, in the manner indicated on the website of the Privacy Guarantor accessible at www.garanteprivacy.it.
– Updated September 2021